Benue State University Directorate of Academic Planning DAP; a Unit in the VC’s Office, was set up in 1993 with Professor Josiah A. Shindi as its Pioneer Director, though in Acting capacity. In 1994, a substantive Director; Professor James O.I Ayatse, was appointed. Ever since, there have been four additional Directors of the Unit with each contributing remarkably to the functions and achievement made over the years. In the last few years, the DAP Unit was renamed Directorate of Academic Planning & Quality Assurance (DAP & QA) and this occurred during the tenure of Prof Simon T. Ubwa. After him, Prof. Efosa K. Oghagbon became the 7th Director of DAP & QA. Prof Timothy Tyolumun Imande is the 8th director of academic planning & quality assurance. Like his predecessor, he is committed to support the University and Management to achieve the set Vision and Mission of the institution.
Directorate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directorate Phone Number: +2348036389337
STRUCTURE OF THE UNIT
The Academic Planning & Quality Assurance Unit operates under the Vice-Chancellor’s Office and is charged with the responsibility of co-ordinating academic activities of the University through close collaboration with the National Universities Commission (NUC). The Director of Academic Planning & Quality Assurance (DAP & QA) is currently a member of 8 out of 10 Standing Committees of Senate and other Committees of the University. The functions of the Academic Planning & Quality Assurance are as follows:
- a). The Unit keeps custody of all academic policies as approved by NUC for Nigerian Universities.
- b). It advises Senate on all academic matters brought before it.
- c). It liaises with departments to prepare academic programme (s) for accreditation and re-accreditation.
- d). The unit furnishes Senate from time to time with information on the minimum academic requirements for all academic programmes of the University.
- e). It provides vital statistical information to NUC on the University such as:
- Student headcount
- Staff-student ratio/Pyramidal structure.
- Gender distribution (Staff and students).
- Full time Equivalent (FTE).
- Carrying capacity of the University.
- f). It prepares for Senate consideration, academic calendar for each semester/session.
- g). It prepares groundwork for department(s) desiring to introduce new academic programme or review existing ones.
- h). It provides secretarial services to the Academic Planning Committee.
ORGANOGRAM OF THE UNIT
The current staff Disposition of the Directorate:
||Prof. Timothy Tyolumun Imande
||Dr. Phillip Sunday Bagu
||Deputy Director, Quality Assurance
||Dr. (Mrs) Naomi Onyeje Doki
||Deputy Director, Academic Planning
||Mr. Johnson Echor
||Mr. Godwin Terhemba Doki
||Mr. Aondona Tor-Anyiin
||Mr. Peter Akogwu
||Prin. Computer Programme Officer
||Mr. Samuel Chia Abanyam
||Mr. Joseph Idoko Apeh
||Mr. Tor Igyu
||Senior Messenger / Cleaner