B.A. Theatre - Arts PROGRAMME
Title of Degree: : B.A. Theatre Arts
Programme Philosophy and Objectives Theatre Arts is a discipline devoted to the intellectual, moral and physical development of the students in a dynamic and ever changing world of the humanities. As a creative and hybrid art from the study of Theatre Arts endows the graduate with necessary basic psycho-social and analytical skills required in both individual and community development. The Theatre Arts programme is Benue State University is designed to provide the needed skills for individual and group development in order to preserve, present and promote culture and prepare artists for the entertainment and tourism industry.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The programme is designed to achieve the following objectives:
• To equip students with the theory and practice of the Theatre
• To train students in the Arts of the stage and creative development
• To prepare students for relevant careers in performance, Arts Administration, Broadcasting, Civil Service and teaching
• To train students to be effective in the area of participatory social development
• To equip students to purpose further studies in Theatre Arts and other related discipline.
Aims and Objectives
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: B.A. (FRENCH)
U.M.E. (4 Years)
Candidates for admission into the four year degree in the Theatre Arts Department should posses a Senior Secondary or General Certificate of Education or its equivalent, with at least five credit passes including English Language and Literature in English. In addition the candidates are required to pass the University Matriculation Examinations (UME). The University determines the cut-off marks required for admission.
DIRECT ENTRY (3 YEARS)
Candidates seeking admission through the Direct Entry must posses five credit passes out of which three should be Advanced Level provided such passes are not counted at both levels of the examinations; or candidates who obtain three credits including English Language and at least a pass in Literature-in-English at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or the General Certificate of Education and have a Diploma in Theatre Arts with the following results:
• a Distinction,
• an Upper Credit, or
• a Lower Credit pass from Benue State University or any other recognized institution.
NOTE: Candidates with Diploma in Theatre Arts may be admitted without O/L Literature-in-English.